Congratulations on being selected to be a finalist in the BioInnovation Challenge 2016!
Top priority: Please sign up for your one-on-one Initial Pitch Coaching session as soon as possible (just click on the button).
Please go to the sidebar for quick links, dates and contact info.
If you are interested in more details, read on!
To win BIC 2016, you need a killer pitch that delivers everything:
- A compelling story
- An engaging presentation deck
- And most importantly: an exciting value proposition
The top 3 finalists will pitch from the stage at BioPort Atlantic in front of a highly qualified judging panel and dozens of leaders in the biotech industry and a panel of experienced judges.
BioNova wants to make the judges' job really tough
For the fourth year in a row, BioNova has arranged for you to receive professional coaching on the content, style and delivery of your investor pitch valued at $3,500:
- A one-day Perfect Pitch Workshop at BioNova (September 7)...
- Office hours with Linda Plano at BioNova (September 8)...
- One-on-One Coaching and Full Pitch Development with Linda (online between September 10 and October 21)...
Your result? A compelling 10-minute investor pitch, an engaging elevator pitch, improved presentation skills, and the confidence to deliver your pitch to any audience at BioPort Atlantic and beyond.
The "Perfect Pitch" Workshop: Your 1-Day MBA
The Perfect Pitch Workshop is an intensive and highly interactive program to jumpstart your pitch while assessing the strengths and weaknesses of your value proposition:
- Learn the 10 Questions that every pitch should answer and how to answer them
- See real examples of good and bad pitches
- Implement what you are learning in real time:
- Refine your elevator pitch
- Lay out your competitive landscape
- Work on your business model and financial projections
- Create your development plan & ask
- Pitch your ideas to the group and getting feedback
To get the most out of the workshop, please bring the current version of your one-minute elevator pitch and any materials associated with your business plan.
The day after the workshop, all finalists are encouraged to return to BioNova to work on their new pitch and to get additional coaching. It's an informal day during which you are encouraged to get to know your fellow competitors as well as get your questions answered.
The Perfect Pitch Workshop gives you a great start on your new pitch. Now it's time to take it to the next level.
Every finalist is entitled to one-on-one coaching with Linda:
- A 2-hour one-on-one Initial Pitch Coaching (IPC) session delivered via webinar with the goal of refining your workshop pitch
- Full Pitch Development (FPD) support for developing the final version of your pitch
- A professional PowerPoint pitch deck and talking points developed for you based on your IPC
- A 1-hour one-on-one final Pitch Polish session delivered via webinar to tweak the graphics and wording of your pitch
More details below!
Initial Pitch Coaching
In the space of just two hours, we are going to revamp your 10-minute pitch!
This online session starts with you presenting the current version of your pitch to me. After you are done, you receive feedback on your pitch style and content. Then we rebuild the entire presentation from scratch using the 10 Questions. The result is a deck and talking points that help you to tell your story in your way, while still being compelling to the audience of your choice.
Things to keep in mind:
- Please do NOT worry about the deck not being "ready". We're going to rework it anyway, so polishing it is likely a waste of time.
- Please send the PowerPoint (not PDF) version of your deck ahead of time.
- I don't need to review the deck beforehand, so you can send it at the last minute.
- I make edits directly on the deck, so while I can deal with Slides, Keynote, and other formats, the process is most efficient in PowerPoint.
- All sessions are recorded for your benefit. Only you, me, and whomever else you choose have access to the recordings.
Full Pitch Development
Once we're done with Initial Pitch Coaching, I'll take our notes and sketches and translate them into a professional PowerPoint pitch deck. The deck will be branded and have slide masters set up to facilitate development of future presentations.* You can expect:
- Logo on each page
- Color scheme compatible with the logo
- Graphics and words suitable for each slide and telling the story as we discussed
- Simple but effective animations as appropriate
- This process takes up to two weeks, so please, let's get your IPC scheduled soon!
* Unfortunately, PCs and Macs handle PowerPoint differently, so there is a limit to how much I can deliver in terms of slide masters for the latter. The slides will still look professional and branded, I just won't be able to leverage all the benefits of PowerPoint for you (should you care to donate a Mac to the cause, I will happily accept the donation. 😉
It's also unavoidable that I'll get some of the details wrong, which is why we also have...
... Your Pitch Polish Session
After you receive your new pitch deck, we need to go through it together to clean up the story line and make sure the graphics and words are natural and easy for you to use. The process is similar to our IPC session in that we start with you pitching the new version back to me. We'll then go through each slide together and tweak it so that it works for you.
After the Polish Session, it's up to you to put in the practice to get ready for BioPort and wow the judges!
Scheduling your Pitch Coaching sessions
- Please use the following links to schedule your sessions with me:
- ASAP: 2-hour Initial Pitch Coaching session (http://bit.ly/BICPitchCoach)...
- ~ 2 weeks after our IPC session: 1-hour Pitch Polish session (http://bit.ly/BICPitchPolish)...
- Confirmation of your session date and time plus the login URL should arrive in your inbox within minutes
- When you login, please check the settings to be sure you can hear and be heard...
- Tip sheet for using GoToMeeting...
About Your Coach
My name is Linda Plano. I have coached nearly 600 entrepreneurs who have gone on to raise well over $250M in equity and grant funding. I have also managed a dozen major investor pitch events and over fifty smaller ones. My passion is to help you achieve your vision and to do so faster than you would otherwise. The majority of my clients have been in high tech industries such as cleantech and life sciences, but I also coach entrepreneurs in service industries such as financial management and marketing services.
For more about me, please see my online bio.