It's that time of year again, with major accelerator application deadlines looming!
Accelerator programs are always tempting: Prizes, raised profile for you and your company, mentoring, training, and community building are usually components of each.
Their goal - almost by definition - is to help promising startups to succeed.
Their other common goal is their own success, which means they need to select the right startups for their program. They need to have successes in order to keep sponsors, volunteers and quality startups involved.
In fact, they are investors. They invest their resources and community in the startups they accept.
So the application is really important to them, and they put a lot of time and effort into crafting one that will help them pick winners.
What does that mean for you? It means that the process of writing an application can help you identify strengths and weaknesses in your value proposition.
Join me for a one-hour webinar Startup Accelerator application clinic. We'll be focusing on Techstars this time as the entry deadline is March 15, whether you're in Boston, Detroit, Boulder or Berlin.
The problem with most pitches is that they are either
- Overloaded with technology and jargon, or
- Lacking in substance, or
No amount of slick graphics or trendy buzzwords can fix these issues. Walk into an investor or customer meeting with a pitch like that and chances are you will walk out with nothing.
The Perfect Pitch Workshop helps you engage any audience.
Pitch what matters
You are pitching a business proposition, not "just" an innovation.
You are pitching to people who have different interests and goals from you.
You are pitching one more cool idea to people who hear dozens of cool ideas every week.
The Perfect Pitch Workshop helps you make your pitch compelling .
Pitch your story, your way
Everyone who hears your pitch will have advice on how to change it. Often that advice is contradictory. It's maddening!
But you have to own your pitch in order to deliver it well.
The Perfect Pitch Workshop helps you be responsive while staying true to your vision.
Get it done fast
I know you are busy, but building a compelling pitch takes time.
I know that you likely have holes in your business plan and can't predict the future, so creating a complete story may seem impossible.
The Perfect Pitch Workshop teaches you a proven, systematic approach.
A 1-Day MBA
- Learn the 10 Questions that every pitch should answer and how to answer them
- See real examples of good and bad pitches
- Implement what you are learning in real time:
- Refine your elevator pitch
- Lay out your competitive landscape
- Work on your business model and financial projections
- Create your development plan & ask
- Pitch your ideas to the group and getting feedback
The Perfect Pitch Workshop helps you assemble a great pitch in one day.
Download Perfect Pitch Workshop workbook excerpt.
Need something different?
The 10 Questions cover all critical issues for any startup (or, in truth, virtually any business). If you want a focus on:
- Business development
- Assessing startups from an investor's perspective
- Planning and execution
- A specific industry or market (life sciences, cleantech, B2C, etc.)
- Making PowerPoint work for you instead of the other way around
- Or anything else
The Perfect Pitch Workshop can be tailored for your needs.
Available when and where you want
Perfect Pitch Workshops have been held across the US, Europe and Canada to date, with further expansion planned.
If you or your organization would like to sponsor a Plano & Simple One Day Workshop at your location, please contact me for further details.
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs to pitch for anything:
- Entrepreneurs who want to go on a road show
- Intrapreneurs seeking funding for skunk works projects
- Government employees who need to pitch to department heads for budget allocations
- Founders who are recruiting advisory board members or team members
- Biz dev professionals pitching to potential partners
- Sales professionals who need to land customers
- Individuals who need to pitch themselves in interviews and networking events
Check out the testimonials for comments from past workshop participants.