Programs for organizations that serve and showcase entrepreneurs
- One-on-one coaching for members of your group
- Workshops for groups of entrepreneurs, investors or others
- Webinars and seminars for entrepreneurs, volunteers or the community
- Program packages to deliver customized services
You juggle a lot of balls
You may be the executive director of an entrepreneurship organization, a trade commissioner for a consulate, the director of a tech transfer office, the chairperson of a business competition, or the manager of an investor pitch showcase - or even a combination.
In all cases, you are responsible for accelerating the success of the entrepreneurs in your portfolio.
You are adept at recruiting entrepreneurs and volunteers and at "herding cats". Every year, you produce a series of interesting events featuring distinguished speakers or exciting panelists accompanied by networking opportunities. And you likely invest a lot of time engaging and retaining sponsors on an ongoing basis.
But you want more...
You may be providing some basic training, coaching and ad hoc mentoring for your entrepreneurs. You know that panels and seminars can help, but you want something that will have a significant, long-term impact on the startups you are fostering.
... and Plano & Simple delivers more
Plano & Simple can bring fresh concepts and structure to assure not only high quality program content and delivery, but also a tried-and-true methodology that will help assure your entrepreneurs' success in your accelerator and throughout their careers.
Part of your entrepreneurs' success is their ability to present a compelling value proposition in a concise and engaging manner, whether they are
- Pitching in the finals of a business competition,
- Participating in an investor pitch showcase,
- Meeting with your sponsors or investors, or
- Engaging in a networking event.
The programs described on this page are proven vehicles for helping anyone to represent themselves, their startup and your organization well whether they are doing so from the stage, at a networking event or from the front of an investment firm's conference room.
They are also designed to help the entrepreneurs to assess their business plans for any significant holes or unsupported assumptions. This process can help them to "fail fast" or develop their value proposition more fully before pitching to investors.
Tailored to your needs
Plano & Simple programs include webinars, seminars, workshops, events and one-on-one coaching. In most cases, we can deliver them either in person or online or a combination of both. Most important, we can adapt them to your needs:
- Our programs have been effective with everyone from introverted scientists to serial CEOs.
- If your portfolio of startups has a particular market or technology focus, we can take that into account.
- The same is true in terms of adapting to your specific application or judging process.
One-on-one pitch coaching
- Office Hours: 30 minute consults
- Initial Pitch Coaching: 2-hr one-on-one session
- Full Pitch Development: "Done For You" deck and talking points
- Some services may be included in packages
- Academic and nonprofit discounts are available
- Rapid improvement in your entrepreneurs' presentation skills and materials
- Raising the standard of quality of your pitch showcases
- Helping your entrepreneurs to become investor-ready... or to fail fast
What to expect:
- Office Hours: These brief sessions are most commonly used after a workshop or other program to answer specific questions and help entrepreneurs to apply what they just learned to their own situation.
- Initial Pitch Coaching: These 2-hour one-on-one coaching sessions are our highest-impact program. Delivered live or via webinar, we work together to create a compelling story along with sketches and talking points as the basis of their much improved pitch.
- Full Pitch Development: For entrepreneurs who will be on stage, full pitch development can significantly improve the consistency and quality of the event. We translate the story developed in Initial Pitch Coaching into a professional slide deck and talking points, then followed it with a one-on-one polishing session to make sure that it is effective.
- Entrepreneurs who have received both IPC and FPD coaching services consistently deliver superior pitches.
- Raising the quality of applications to your competition
- Building cohesion in your group of entrepreneurs
- Preparing your entrepreneurs for subsequent "deep-dive" training
- Helping new angel investors to transition from traditional to startup investing
What to expect:
- Workshops are typically one day in duration but can run from half a day to two or more days to suit your needs.
- Workshop attendance may be exclusive to a select group or open to the community, as desired.
- Perfect Pitch Workshops have been run successfully with from 9 to 90 participants.
- The emphasis of these programs is on "work": participants are given frequent opportunities to implement what they are learning in real time.
- The goal of each workshop is to provide participants with tools and coaching that help them achieve success sooner.
Webinars & Seminars
- Providing your entrepreneurs with exposure to experienced professionals
- Assisting with the marketing of other events and programs
- Adding value for your sponsors (who may be featured in "Ask a Pro")
What to expect:
- Ask a Pro: 60 - 90 minute webinars featuring experienced professionals in areas of interest to entrepreneurs give a presentation or are interviewed. Live audience questions are encouraged. Sign up for webinar notifications here...
- Perfect Pitch: 1- to 2-hour webinars and seminars focused on some or all of the 10 Questions every pitch should answer. Focus primarily on teaching, but questions are encouraged and coaching of 1-minute elevator pitches is often included.
- Pitch Clinic: 60 minute webinars and seminars focused primarily on coaching 1-minute elevator pitches.
- One-on-one coaching for a cohort, 2-hour intensive sessions
- Workshop + Office Hours, focus on implementation
- Workshop + Initial Pitch Coaching, customized implementation
- Startup Competition Support, full suite of services
- Online Turbomentoring, interactive: self-paced or interactive
- Providing a comprehensive series of programs to maximize entrepreneur benefits
- Delivering a series of programs including some provided solely for a select group and others for your community as a whole
- Supporting the launch of extended entrepreneurship programs or competitions
- Adding value for sponsors
What to expect:
- One-on-one coaching for a cohort: 2-hour sessions (in-person or online) of Initial Pitch Coaching for all members of a cohort. May be combined with Full Pitch Development or other polishing session.
- Workshop + Office Hours: Half- to full-day Workshop on pitching, evaluating startups, participating in mentoring programs, etc., emphasizing immediate implementation of presented materials followed by casual or scheduled Office Hours for workshop participants.
- Workshop + Initial Pitch Coaching: Full-day Workshop on pitching that includes training on 10 critical areas of venture development and immediate application to each entrepreneurs' startup, followed by scheduled Initial Pitch Coaching for workshop participants.
- Startup Competition Support: A comprehensive series of Webinars, Workshops, Events, Office Hours and Pitch Coaching & Development designed to attract high quality applications, train judges and mentors, coach competitors in their venture development and presentation skills, assist in marketing, and result in a high quality finals event.
- Online Turbomentoring: A 12-week online program that provides goal-setting and accountability, training, Q&A sessions, and forum access for entrepreneurs. Participants spend one week on each of 10 critical areas for venture development, receiving homework to help them apply it to their own venture. They also receive tips and tools for pitching, and for finding the right investors for their situation.